Board index » Legacy of Kain Discussion

Post subject: Maps of Nosgoth
 Post Posted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:40 pm 

Hi all. :)

I know there's a new map up in the Nosgoth gameplay section of the website (which Square-Enix gave out) and it shows some of the older human cities, but I wondered if anything newer has been posted?

Or are there other maps of Nosgoth that are as comprehensive? Would anyone be able to link me to them?

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject: Re: Maps of Nosgoth
 Post Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:34 pm 

That early map that SE released is terribad and should not be treated as useful for consultation.The dimensions are off and most of it is squished together in a way that makes even the BO2 map look good. Please ignore it.

It is possible that SE will release a more comprehensive updated map in the future, but their attention for the moment still seems to be mostly focused on getting out new game content and attempting to fix bugs. There are some fan-made things, but they universally have issues due to the inherently problematic nature of reconciling the various maps shown in the games. Shrykull's SR1 map is oft-cited, but again, it has some issues. He also recently put out an SR2 version, which is included in that same thread.

http://nosgoth.yuku.com/topic/6650/Re-S ... st?page=-1

The best solution would be for SE to release a new official one. No matter what, some compromises are going to have to be made, but at least that way they'll be canon.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:22 am 

Hi there,
sorry I've been pretty busy recently or I would have responded earlier.

A few years back I created a thread on the old foums which was designed specifically to try to collate the maps of Nosgoth together. You can find it here.

As it goes down the 'Combined' section showed some of the attempts by fans to produce comprehensive maps of the land (as there has as yet been no official comprehensive map) - since then there have been plenty of fan-produced maps of Nosgoth which have attempted the same thing (which you could probably find on a google search) many are pretty good but the fact few agree completely should show you that actually making a comprehensive map of all that we've seen is a lot more difficult than you'd think.

An interesting thing to note is that it seems the last on that list was something of an inspiration for the map seen in Nosgoth background materials (you might even be able to see the CM at the time asking). Because of the progression of Nosgoth since the release of that map there have long been rumours that there are more maps or a more comprehensive version in the works from them, but it is unclear if or when this might be.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:42 am 

Thank you very much! :) I'll be sure to check out the other forums, and see how well the maps coordinate with each other.

Here's hoping one day for an official comprehensive map of Nosgoth.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:49 pm 

Hope... that terrible, bitter illusion.

Board index » Legacy of Kain Discussion